Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When the Days are Dark

I recently have been greatly blessed by the following words from Andrew Murray: (From Gordon Meier)

”In time of trouble say, ‘First, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this difficult place; in that I will rest.’ Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child. Then say, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow. And last, say, ‘In His good time He can bring me out again.’ How and when, He knows.

Therefore, say, ‘I am here

(1) by God’s appointment
(2) in His keeping
(3) under His training
(4) for His time.’”

In a world where we sometimes think we are entitled to a problem free existence, finding our direction in the times of storms is always a challenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good writer. Maybe you should take this up. I will say that i think God gave us the body of Christ to encourage us and bear our burdens in times of darkness. Just wondering if he would be pleased with our outward response...

Anonymous said...

I went through and caught up on all of your blogs tonight. (Sorry it took this long...you know what we're going through).
I am glad that I read this one first...
This is all 1-4 for us and we are finally at peace with that. No more wrestling what His spirit is telling us.
Thanks,
Stef D.