Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Polish Proverb

I had this deep thought the other day. It had to do with mentoring and team building. It was based upon what I am calling a “New Polish Proverb.” I’m calling it that in honor of my Polish Grandfather who said such pithy things to me growing up.

Here it is.

One candle eventually burns out. A thousand lights will not be easily extinguished . . .
. . . so light another candle.

--New Polish Proverb.

Whenever my grandfather would say something profound to me he would follow it up with this great statement in his broken English accent. “You understand me that Brucie?”

Read the proverb again.

One candle eventually burns out. A thousand lights will not be easily extinguished . . .
. . . so light another candle.

--New Polish Proverb.

“You understand me that leader?”

No comments: