Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Journey in Prayer


I prayed this morning.

Okay that's not so unusual.  It's what I prayed.  How I prayed.

I've been reading a book challenging me about praying the Forgiver's prayer as a model.  So today prayed.

Our Father,
  • My Father in Heaven
  • My father, who knows
  • My every hurt
  •  My every loss
  • My every pain
  • My every hope
  • My every dream
  • My every disappointment
  • My every fault
  • My every failure
  • My every weakness
  • My every burden
  • My every challenge
  • My every weight
  • My every fear
  • My every sin
My Father . . . hallowed by your name.

The privilege of calling him Father, whose name is so holy, whose nature so powerful, whose character glorious, moved to deep worship, to deep stillness in his overshadowing presence.

Prayer wade into the river of his presence, let it wash over you.  Let the river flow.

Bruce D. Rzengota
Norwalk Alliance Church

"I have one passion: it is He, He alone." Count Zinzendorf 

No comments: