Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tulips Again?


Most years my tulips only last a week to a week and half before the blooms are gone.  Some people don't appreciate them.  Here today and gone pretty close to tomorrow.  Some people don't thing they are worth the effort, the space.  For some the bloom, no matter how spectacular, is not worth it.
 
But I love my tulips.
 
I've got some fierce fuchsia colored tulips that I just love.  Brilliant.  And I learned a secret about my tulips.  Given time, they produce more and more tulips.  Plant ten bulbs and in five years have twenty plants.
 
That is so great about tulips. 
 
So for me the bloom, even short lived, is worth it.
 
It's just like that in my devotional life, that time I seek Him in the window.  Very seldom do I have an earth shaking, life changing, career defining moment in my devotions, but I do get blooms of His presence in my life.  Blooms of His beauty.  Now I admit that these blooms often fade quickly in the face of the rest of my day as my schedule quickly distracts.  For some people, it is not worth the effort, not worth the trouble for a brief glimpse.
 
But I love those moments in the window, those moments of discovering blooms of His presence.  Even on the busiest day, the bloom of His presence makes a difference.  Discovering it fresh and new each day is so worth the effort.
 
It's what so great about tulips.
 
Look for the bloom.
 
 
The Man in the Window

Bruce D. Rzengota
Norwalk Alliance Church

Prayer is not preparation for the battle, it is the battle.

No comments: