Friday, January 25, 2008

Wading past the jargon

I have friends who are much more abreast of certain technical issues than I am. They can explain the significance of an RSS feed. They can walk me through the process of portioning a hard drive. They can explain “VPN” connections. They know about smtp-outgoing mail servers and a myriad of other technical things I just take for granted. I trust that their answers are right and sound.

Leaders, spiritual leaders are in a similar position. Everyday people around us expect us to know the answers and to be able to demonstrate and explain spiritual truths. They may never understand the answers as well as we do, but they trust us for the answers.

Therefore it’s important for us to stay up to date! Just as I.T. Techs and Technology Directors keep studying and keep learning so should every leader keep on the grow. People will always expect us to have greater understanding, greater knowledge.

It comes with the mantel.

There is no such thing as a leader who does not keep growing.

Are you ready for the next question?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"portioning a hard drive"? Would that be "partitioning a hard drive"? Whoops, I just proved the point, didn't I!
I like that: we need to demonstrate AND explain spiritual (biblical) truths. Some are good at demonstrating and others are good at explaining, but the Lord wishes demonstrations, e.g., our love for fellow believers. And leaders, especially, need to grasp the truths of scripture, being able to explain and being willing to make the hard applications to our lives.